Erik Qualman selected 10 statistics that impressed him the most and we present them to you (Source: Socialnomics.net)
1. Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old.
2. In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here.
3. Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web!
4. Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
5. 1 in 5 couples meet online; 3 in 5 gay couples meet online.
6. 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook.
7. What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…
8. A 2009 US Department of Education study revealed that on average, online students outperformed those receiving face-to-face instruction.
9. If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest and 2x the size of the U.S. population.
10. 80% of companies use social media for recruitment; 95% of these use LinkedIn.